IBM Product Marketing Manager in Chicago, Illinois
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Locations: Austin, TX or New York, NY or Atlanta, GA or Raleigh, NC
About Your Role
The product marketing manager has a deep understanding of markets and buyers and will create and lead the narrative and uncover and capitalize on strategic opportunities and rapidly changing market conditions. This role is a critical fulcrum for the team and will work cross-functionally, unifying and motivating peers across various roles within marketing and stakeholder organizations (e.g. product management, integrated marketing, communications, field marketing, sales).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Conduct market and customer research to gather data and insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for the product, including key buyer roles
• Develop product positioning, value propositions and messaging that resonate with the buying audience and produce the source messaging blueprint
• Define the market opportunity; perform segmentation and targeting exercises that identify the segments with the highest propensity to buy
• Provide market and buyer insights to drive the development of campaign strategies including demand creation and reputation building
• Write and socialize the following cross-systems level documents: business unit narrative and key messaging, communications plan, marketing plan, launch plan, etc.
• Serve as market-facing SME/thought leader and interface with industry analysts as company representative
• Collaborate with marketing peers and resources to produce relevant content for target buyers
• Develop the competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against similar offerings from competitors
• Collaborate with sales enablement and to produce a sales enablement plan and tools
• Enable sellers and coordinate the development of sales content and activities for direct and indirect sales
• Manage launch planning and orchestrate execution of the commercial release of a product
• Develop customer references, testimonials and case studies for external and internal use, or assist a formalized customer marketing function in doing so
• Drive product retention and upsell/cross-sell strategies or assist a formalized customer marketing function in doing so
• Conduct win/loss interviews and perform ongoing analysis to determine the level of customer product adoption and provide feedback to the product team
• Monitor and report on the performance of products in the market and communicate the results of related sales and marketing efforts
*Equivalent experience in lei of Bachelor's degree is acceptable.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 10-15 years in high-impact product marketing roles
• 5+ years preferred experience in technology or infrastructure hardware marketing with companies like Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Dell, EMC, Google, HP, Microsoft, major Cloud service providers
• Gather insights and assess market opportunities through market, competitor and customer research
• Proven success in creating value propositions and messaging strategies
• Ability to develop strategies for creating pipeline for new offerings as well as upsell, cross-sell and account-based marketing programs to grow existing relationships
• Analyze information collected from win/loss interviews and pipeline behavior (conversion rates and velocity) to detect breakdowns in the marketing and sales process
• Link product launches to organizational campaign themes and goals
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Desired - certification in the SiriusDecisions Product Marketing and Management (PMM) Model
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs