Salesforce.com, Inc Platform Account Executive - Retail in Chicago, Illinois
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Account Executive - Platform Cloud Sales
The Platform Account Executive role focuses on selling custom enterprise business application development and the Salesforce platform in the Retail and Consumer Goods industry. (http://www.salesforce.com/platform/overview/) This Account Executive will formulate and execute a Platform sales strategy within a National region within Commercial sales, share intelligence with the sales teams to increase their capabilities and to drive revenue growth in this area. They will work in partnership with the existing account-owning AE's and RVP's in the regions, and will carry quota for the Platform product sales in their region.
Key to this role is your ability to articulate value, inspire and sell the Connected Customer Company future in a Cloud Computing world, specifically in the Retail and Consumer Goods vertical. As a trusted advisor and coach, you are the person with the expertise in Business and Technology Architecture that can match customer needs to the capabilities of the Salesforce Platform. You will articulate the business value of the solution through executive level time to value, ROI and TCO presentations.
In addition to the excellent sales skills the Platform Account Executive should possess application development landscape knowledge or IT expertise in combination with exceptional customer management experience at the C-level. Working closely with the entire account team to drive the customer relationship and alignment at all levels in order to execute the overall account strategy is key to your success.
Identify and develop Key Accounts to establish ongoing business based partnerships to create sustainable revenue stream and enable Account Executives to close business
• Develop and execute successful Platform sales campaigns.
• Create new leads from prospecting efforts as well as create campaigns for sectors events. Drive sales campaigns in the vertical to create opportunities and long term revenue growth
• Develop and execute the App Cloud Platform sales plans and cycles within our top tier Commercial Sales segment; focused on new business and existing customers.
• Understand company's business strategy to define architectures and solutions to support that strategy with the capabilities of the App Cloud Platform.
• Discover, qualify, strategize, solution, negotiate & close.
• Work within an account team matrix, leading decision makers & influencers towards identifying their Customer Company vision by evangelizing the capabilities of the Salesforce platform
• 5+ years of demonstrated success selling software technology solutions in quota carrying role
• Demonstrated ability in selling large scale and complex technology to key accounts
• Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CIO, CEO and CFO levels
• Background in technology and platform solutions such as application and mobile app development, database, business intelligence and integration
• Working knowledge of the software /App development processes
• Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
Retail/Consumer Good Industry knowledge is preferred
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. (http://cloud.mail.salesforce.com/accommodations-request-form)
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Founded in 1999, Salesforce is the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM). Companies of every size and industry are using Salesforce to transform their businesses, across sales, service, marketing, commerce, and more by connecting with customers in a whole new way. We harness technologies that can revolutionize companies, careers, and, hopefully, our world.
Salesforce is built on a set of four core values: Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality. By making technology more accessible, we're helping create a future with greater opportunity and equality for all. This has taken our company to great heights, including being ranked by Fortune as one of the “Most Admired Companies in the World” and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” eleven years in a row, and named “Innovator of the Decade” and one of the “World’s Most Innovative Companies” eight years in a row by Forbes.
There are those who choose to work with the best and brightest. And then, there are those who want to do more than just a job. They are the ones improving lives, not only their careers. Having an impact now instead of later. Doing something that’s so much bigger than themselves, an industry, and their company.
We believe everyone can be a Trailblazer. Join Salesforce and discover a future of new opportunities.
- Salesforce.com, Inc Jobs