BWAY Corporation Operator I - 3rd Shift in Chicago, IL at Mauser Packaging Solutions in Chicago, Illinois
Plant Name: BWAY
BWAY is one of the largest manufacturers of rigid metal and plastic containers in North America. Our diverse products and broad geographic reach have made us a market leader in the general line packaging industry. BWAY offers comprehensive packaging for a wide variety of applications. BWAY is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities/females/vets/disability.
Responsible for the safe operation, housekeeping, and bar code labeling of manual and semi-automated metal stamping equipment. (Bodymaker, Seamer, Palletizer)
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at BWay are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any / all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list:
- Responsible for the safe operation, housekeeping, and bar code labeling of manual and semi-automated metal stamping equipment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete routine tasks.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- Has little or no role in decision-making.
Education and Experience Requirements: High school and little to no (minimal) previous training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English.
- Exposure/experience to manufacturing.
- Understands quality, PPE requirements and safety and the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
- Wear all required PPE at all times.
- Ability to read and understand production schedules, production orders and instructions.
- Ability to operate production machinery in a safe manner.
- Ability to perform required Quality Checks and record results as appropriate.
- Ability to achieve or exceed demonstrated production rates while maintaining safety and quality.
- Ability to work in teams.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and be willing and able to work on multiple machines during the shift.
- Must comply with quality, PPE requirements and safety and understand the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
Physical/Visual Demands/Work Environment:
(Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job)
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand.
- Position is associated with pushing, pulling, climbing, handling, reaching, stretching, and working in tight and high places.
(Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job).
Inside conditions, extremes of heat (100+ seasonal), exposure to humidity, working in tight areas, high noise levels from production environment, including some exposure to outside weather elements, oil and dirt.
- “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 15/12/2018