Novartis Pharmaceuticals Oncology Medical Science Liaison(MSL)Cell & Gene- Great Lakes (remote) in Chicago, Illinois
Over 108,000! That’s how many US patients Novartis Oncology products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
The MSL is a field based, non-promotional medical and scientific role. The MSL’s key objective is to engage scientifically with HCPs and medical experts in their territory to carry out the relevant Integrated Medical Team strategic and tactical plan. MSLS must demonstrate deep therapeutic expertise, understand territory/market influences, collaborate effectively with cross-functional colleagues, and execute all relevant activities in alignment with the Novartis Code of Conduct, Ethics/Compliance policies and Working Practice documents.
MSLs on the Novartis Cell and Gene field medical team engage with and support external Healthcare Professionals treating patients with cellular and genetic therapies such as CAR-T.
This territory will be responsible for covering MI, IN,IL and WI. The preferred location for the successful candidate to reside would be in the Greater Chicago Metro Area.
• Customer engagements may include but not be limited to:
o Emerging data discussions
o Exploration of areas of unmet medical need
o Clinical trial activities and pipeline discussions
o Capture of medical insights, responding to unsolicited requests
o Disease, product and adverse event education.
• Responsible for establishing relationships and engaging in peer to peer level scientific discussions around emerging data, treatment guidelines, molecular pathways, mechanism of action (MOA) of Novartis products including molecular testing and diagnostics, clinical outcomes and research opportunities.
• Implementing scientific and educational strategies in collaboration with colleagues from Medical Affairs and Clinical Operations to support Novartis-sponsored trials, investigator initiated research, and educational initiatives;
• Work to pair our key customer's educational and research needs with available Novartis resources aligned with Novartis strategy
This role is field based – with the expectation that the MSL will be in the field and customer facing (virtual or face-to-face) the majority of the time to achieve performance/business objectives (up to 75-80%).
Oncology Medical Science Liaison(MSL)Cell & Gene- Great Lakes (remote)
What you bring to the role:
• Advanced scientific or healthcare degree required; doctoral degree preferred.
• Detailed knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research is necessary, clinical research and oncology experience required as well as proven knowledge of GCP practices and standards.
• Minimum of 3 years Field Medical required / Oncology experience preferred
• Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
• Possess a thorough understanding of the FDA, OIG, HIPPA, PhRMA Code and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry, to ensure compliance with these external as well as internal guidelines and standard operating procedures.
• Have the ability to gain medical insights, uncover business opportunities for Novartis and leverage internal resources to meet customer needs aligned with Novartis strategy
• Must be a strong team player who can effectively work cross-functionally in a matrix environment, including collaboration with clinical and commercial personnel as necessary.
The levels within role (Associate Director/Director) perform the job with increasing levels of competency and independence. The minimum experience for an Associate Director is 3 years and minimum for a Director is 8+ years.
Why consider Novartis?
799 million. That’s how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we’re proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people’s lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you’re given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you’re empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you’re surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
[Compliance sentences relevant to country]
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network
Research & Development
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.