Avanade Inc. North America Inclusion and Diversity Lead in Chicago, Illinois
Want to make an impact on the world around you? So do we.
At Avanade we believe in making a genuine human impact in everything we do. We transform businesses, uncover ways technology can improve the way we work and live, and change the world for the better. All this through the power of our people and cutting-edge Microsoft technology. If you seek a company where your attitude and ambition are rewarded with opportunity, there’s no place better.
As the North America Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) Lead, you will guide and influence the I&D strategy for North America, supporting the Avanade Global I&D framework. You will be responsible for partnering across the organization to support a shared vision, mission, and strategy to ensure I&D is at the forefront of all Avanade processes, decisions, teams, and ways of doing business. This role will also be responsible for providing I&D input into training and education programs, as well as partnering with HR and recruiting on key initiatives and moments that matter. You will directly collaborate with business leadership and teams to realize inclusion, diversity and belonging at Avanade.
Specifics of the role will include:
- Providing strategic thought leadership driving Area/Region I&D business plans in alignment with the global strategy
- Advising, mentor/coach and guide all levels of leadership to build cultural competence and inclusive leadership skills to further unlock employee engagement capabilities
- Offering consultative support to area and regional I&D councils
- Contributing to the global I&D strategy and execution
- Driving accountability by measuring and analyzing results, highlighting areas of strength and areas of improvement and identify action steps to remedy
- Providing consultative support to identify opportunities, interventions, and initiatives for improvement.
- Building strong relationships to develop a deep understanding of the business and to increase awareness and understanding of I&D as a critical business imperative
- Driving cultural change in support of Avanade's ability to attract and retain world-class diverse talent
- Recognizing and respond to regional needs by providing tailored strategies and solutions to enable appropriate cultural awareness and change
- Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment where the ability to influence, work across a complex matrix, and build relationships is critical
- Demonstrated public reputation and recognition in the Inclusion and Diversity is essential
- Success in establishing strong partnerships and trusted relationships with Regional Business HR Leaders to infuse I&D through the Regional People Strategies
- Strong technology business acumen, project management skills, successful teaming with colleagues
- Results focused and resourceful leader who is capable of quickly taking control of his/her responsibilities and establishing himself/herself as a credible strategic partner and is proactive in providing solutions, resolving issues, and overcoming hurdles to results
- Highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals to engage team, peers, and leadership
- Strong analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into strategy and improvement opportunities
- Highly successful change management capabilities, especially in leading large multi-faceted initiatives
- Strong interpersonal awareness and skills with emphasis on empathy, supportiveness, ability to have uncomfortable conversations, listen, and take action.
- Also, possesses a keen understanding and awareness of his/her own diversity and how it impacts and influences their role
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and ambiguity
- Strong background with US and Canadian organizations is necessary. Global experience or familiarity with international employment regulations is preferred
- You likely have 3+ years of experience working in the Inclusion and Diversity field
Employment Transparency Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here
and poster supplement is available here
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here
Avanade is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Avanade at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (206) 239-5610 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
By using this site, you agree that we can place Cookies on your device. See our Job Applicant Data Privacy Statement and Cookies statement.
- Avanade Inc. Jobs