McDonald's Mgr-Data Analyst of Systems (Safety & Security) in Chicago, Illinois
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100
countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are a people business just as much as we are a restaurant business. We strive to be the most inclusive brand on the planet by building diverse teams who create delicious, feel good moments that are easy for everyone to enjoy. Joining McDonald's means thinking big on a daily basis and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From bold
recycling initiatives and sustainable sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we see every day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It is set up to be a global hub that fosters innovation: take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to stay in touch with your team around the globe. With monthly organized events, massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites, our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Needless to say, you’ll be lovin’ it here…
McDonald’s is seeking a Data Security Analyst to gather and analyze data from our retail locations. Must be able to work collaboratively with cross functional teams to monitor data trends related to the safety and security of store locations. The Data Security Analyst is proactive, consultative and business-minded; always thinking of ways to innovate.
The Data Security Analyst will collect safety and security data/metrics from various data sources, analyzes the data to determine trends, track progress of objectives/projects and develop dashboard to ensure program effectiveness. This position is responsible for monitoring multiple data sources, identifying areas of opportunity with the biggest impact and propose opportunities to reduce risks and improve processes.
• BA/BS in Data Science, Statistics or Mathematical Science. Safety and Environmental Health, or related field is Highly Desired.
• 3-5 years of experience in data mining, data analysis and data presentation.
• Ability to extract and analyze data utilizing SQL, Excel, Tableau and Amazon Redshift
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, i.e., Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, V-Lookup, Pivot Tables, etc.
• Experience in delivering presentations, reports and analytical findings to various levels of the organization.
• Must have strong analytical and oral presentation skills.
• Communicate effectively (verbal and written)
• Ability to present complex data and create dashboards in a manner that all levels of the organization can understand.
• Demonstrate an ability to work independently, prioritize and handle multiple projects and tasks to completion with limited supervision.
• Extreme attention to details and organization
• Leverage resources effectively
• Project management experience a plus
• Collaborate with department functional leaders on data mining, development and analytical request.
• Identifies sources of information and designs methods to collect and retrieve data from external sources and internal systems.
• Actively participate with and/or provide functional expertise that supports or influences the desired results of the department and/or cross-functional teams.
• Analyzes incident information to reveal frequency and severity patterns.
• Analyzes, develops and executes data mapping and transformation processes and requirements within and between applications.
• Ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data.
• Provides input to data architecture discussions and decisions on request.
• Performs real-time analysis determined by current business needs.
• Completes full root-cause analysis on risks.
• Identifies opportunities for increased efficiencies across systems and provide recommendations accordantly.
• Builds ad-hoc reports and creates ad-hoc analysis on an as needed basis.
• Builds dashboards to track progress of objectives, project, initiatives and compliance as appropriate.
• Benchmarks performance and program effectiveness against the industry.
• Utilize analysis to identify trends and assist in the development of solutions to prevent /mitigate potential risks
Data Security Analyst Manager
McDonald's Corporation and McDonald's USA, LLC (the "Company") are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.