BWAY Corporation Mechanic I in Chicago, IL at Mauser Packaging Solutions in Chicago, Illinois
Perform duties to set up, repair and maintain press line equipment.
The following is a list of specific duties which are considered the essential functions of this job. The list is not exhaustive, as all positions at BWay are dynamic. The employee who occupies this position is expected to assume any / all duties assigned by management irrespective of whether such duties are specifically included in this list:
- Work from blueprints, manuals, schedule and instructions
- Set up and maintain equipment such as punch presses, conveyor systems, compo liners, curlers and automatic tape machines.
- Set tooling and make a variety of equipment adjustments.
- Operate equipment, run sample units, check units and make required operating adjustments.
- Instruct and assist operators as necessary.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, diagnose problems, disassemble, determine extent of repairs necessary, obtain or requisition parts, assemble, test and make
- Maintain equipment, clean and lubricate equipment and maintain automatic lube systems.
- Monitor press line operations and check quality of units being produced.
- Fill out required maintenance records.
- Notify supervisor of unusual equipment or operating problems.
- Help relieve operators for lunch and break.
- Use various precision measuring instruments, common hand and hand power tools, hand carts and forklift truck.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- As a skilled specialist, completes tasks in resourceful and effective
- Works on assignments requiring considerable judgment and
- Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Assisting Maintenance. A majority of critical thinking tasks can be completed effectively
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 2-3 years’ experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of repair procedures and equipment operation, equivalent to 1-2 years applied trades training
- use mathematics together with the analytical use of complicated prints
- use various types of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers and calipers
- Ability to exercise judgment
- Must comply with quality, PPE requirements and safety and understand the importance of complying with safety policies and procedures.
Physical/Visual Demands/Work Environment:
(Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job)
- Physical agility and strength
(Environmental and atmospheric conditions commonly associated * with the performance of the functions of this job).
Inside conditions, extremes of heat (100+ seasonal), exposure to humidity, working in tight areas, high noise levels from production environment, including some exposure to outside weather elements, oil and dirt.
- “Commonly associated” is not intended to mean always or only. There may be different experiences that suggest other ways or circumstances where reasonable changes or accommodations are appropriate.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Experience: Not Specified
Date Posted: 19/11/2018