Arup Graduate Digital Consultant (Available June 2021) in Chicago, Illinois
Graduate Digital Consultant (Available June 2021)
1 day agoPost Date
Start Here, Go Anywhere! Are you looking for an opportunity to shape a better world?
During your career at Arup, you’ll have the chance to work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You’ll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects with Fortune 100 companies, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment. This opening is for an entry position to our Digital Technologies Consulting team, a dynamic mix of built environment technology professionals who deploy advanced systems to clients worldwide. We work with owners, architects, design consultants and other Arup professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions that challenge the status quo.
Responsibilities of this specific role will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Design of technology systems for the built environment including Information and Communications Technology (ICT) (structured cabling systems, local area networks, wireless/radio systems, and voice systems), audiovisual systems, security systems, and specialty technologies for airports and transit systems.
• Learn, design, and consult on smart buildings, smart cities, and global portfolios on concepts such as Internet of Things (IoT) and Sustainability
• Learn from and work with other recent graduates
• Industry research and report writing
• Work on projects using the latest modeling and design tools, such as Revit
• Give structure to ideas and collaborate with professionals to solve client challenges
• Work with people from other disciplines related to the built environment and/or vendors to gain knowledge on new subjects
• Learn the process of design, construction, and implementation of technology systems in the built environment
• Work with other design professionals within Arup to define the complex interaction of systems and buildings
• This position is an entry role that has opportunity to grow into positions that include direct interface with clients, project management, and consulting on complex systems such as Smart Buildings and Digital Master Planning.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Computer Engineering, or similar engineering discipline
• 3.0 GPA or higher
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic team environment
• Willingness to work as part of a collaborative team
• Desire to take ownership of assignments and delivery high quality work
• Desire to learn and grow, taking advantage of opportunities to add your talent to a team environment
• The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
• Presentation skills with colleagues and clients of all levels
• EIT/ FE Certification
• Master’s Degree in a related field
• Experience with coding and software development
• Internship experience within AE/Construction industry or IT consulting firm
• Experience with: AutoCAD, Revit, 3D modeling skills (Navis, etc.)
Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world's most prominent projects across our industry. We offer a broad range of professional services to clients around the world that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
• We work with many of the world’s largest tech companies, but details of our projects remain confidential
• We work with many governmental bodies, including the GSA and others
• Visit www.arup.com/projects for information on global Arup projects
Upon joining Arup your journey will be rewarding, giving you the opportunity to make a positive difference in the world. Outlined below are a few of the benefits Arup has to offer you as a FT employee of the firm:
• Global Profit Share - paid out bi-annually
• Personal Health Insurance
• 401(k) - with a dollar for dollar company match up to 10%
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Professional Membership and Certification reimbursement
• Short Term and Long Term Assignment Career Opportunities around the Globe
Arup is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment where our people are encouraged to grow. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Previous Job Searches
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
©Arup Careers. All rights reserved.
- Arup Jobs