City of Chicago Office of Inspector General FRONT-END AND BACK-END DEVELOPER in Chicago, Illinois
Applications accepted January 7, 2019 through Fabruary 4, 2019.
To apply for this position, complete the application: here
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelor’s degree plus two years of work experience in data analysis/management OR fact-finding research, analysis and reporting of which one year is in programming and modifying computer applications, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Work experience in an investigatory or law enforcement organization
- Work experience designing websites a plus
- Advanced PHP knowledge
- Advanced application development experience
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of WordPress
- Strong understanding of back-end database development
- Methods and techniques of data base analysis and design
- Tools to query and organize data in a relational database
- Intermediate knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) coding
- An excellent communicator and collaborator
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Detail-oriented in context of a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Keen ability to multi-task; self-starter
- Under the guidance of a Chief Data and Technology Analyst, develops all aspects of a web portal, including the front-end user interface, back-end technology, database design, server configuration, error handling, and testing
- Uses application tools to organize and convert information into user-friendly formats
- Extracts, indexes, merges, and tests large and multiple data sets from multiple external databases into a centralized internal database
- Reviews and classifies inventory of data across the City, and identify core data and associated hierarchies/taxonomy and lifecycle events
- Assists OIG personnel with identifying city data sources
- Performs related duties as required
* Range: *$64,704 – $105,420 (annual increase first three years)
* Starting $64,704 (non-negotiable);*Post six-month review $67,800
TRAVEL AND SCHEDULE:Travel outside Chicago is not required. Standard work hours are 8:30am-4:30pm, flexibility permitted.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT: Employees must be a resident of the City of Chicago and proof of residency is required at the commencement of employment.
*OWING OF CITY DEBT: *Municipal Code of Chicago 2-152-150 prohibits the hiring of anyone who owes any debt to the City of Chicago.
INSTRUCTIONS:To apply for this job title do NOT use the City of Chicago online application.
Complete, the “Inspector General Employment Application,” by clicking here;
NOTE: APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED BY THE INDIVIDUAL APPLYING. NO SECOND PARTY APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED. THE INSPECTOR GENERAL’S OFFICE REQUIRES THAT ITS EMPLOYEES BE NONPARTISAN AND FREE FROM CONFLICTS OF INTEREST.
THE CITY OF CHICAGO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire. The City of Chicago does not participate in E-Verify (Employment Eligibility Verification System). In addition, employment at the Office of Inspector General is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background check.