Zekelman Industries Electrical Technician in Chicago, Illinois
Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries!
Atlas Tube, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks an hourly Electrical Technician for our facility on the Southeast Side of Chicago. Under the direction of the Maintenance Manager, this employee performs highly skilled maintenance, installation; repair and trouble-shooting work involved with electrical systems, and improves upon designs of existing machinery and facilities.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Installs, services and repairs lighting fixtures, electrical panels, outlets and wiring.
• Operates power hand tools and other specialized electrical equipment.
• Installs, repairs and services specialized electrical equipment and machinery.
• Constructs and maintains service equipment.
• Reads electrical circuit diagrams.
• Transfers primary power from one power source to another.
• Installs conductors, splices cable, builds terminations and does necessary hook-up for primary power lines.
• May do other trades work incidental to electrical work.
• Monitor all power houses, keep record of safety and Code compliance
Installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of single and three phase power distribution & equipment to 480V, plant lighting, single and multiphase AC and DC motors from fractional to 300HP, AC/DC solid state and conventional motor control, PLCs, DCS, combustion controls, power and control cable and conduit, electrical and electronic instrumentation including devices such as thermocouples, pressure, flow, level and force transducers.
Ability to interpret power and control electrical/electronic schematics, interconnection wiring and control drawings and utilize various electrical and electronic test equipment.
The successful candidate will have a High School Diploma or equivalent, a trade or technical school diploma, and a minimum of five years of experience, metal rolling mill experience and induction heating systems a plus.
- Must be able to pass a physical examination and drug test.
Must be able to stand a minimum of 8 hrs per day and lift 50 lbs.
Bending, walking, and lifting is required.
Work will be in an industrial environment consisting of excessive noise, moving machinery and equipment, overhead equipment, water, dirt and grease.
Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.
External Company URL: https://www.zekelman.com/
Street: 1855 E 122nd St