Tenet Healthcare DIRECTOR, CLINICAL INFORMATICS in Chicago, Illinois
The CI Director will report to the hospital Chief Nursing Officer with dotted line to the Regional CI Director in the Applied Clinical Informatics department.
The Clinical Informatics (CI) Director will provide leadership in the implementation, integration, and ongoing evolution of clinical information systems at the hospital. This individual serves as a liaison between clinicians, ancillary departments, and Information Technology (IT) to align clinical and IT standards with department workflow, processes, and policies. The CI Director acts as a change agent for hospital leaders and clinicians to promote adoption of new processes and technologies and achievement and sustainment of expected benefits and is comfortable in moving the organization out of its comfort zone to achieve excellence. The CI Director demonstrates a clear understanding of the Tenet standards and Applied Clinical Informatics (ACI) vision and guiding principles and can articulate the big clinical picture to hospital audiences.
1) Credentialed Registered Nurse with a Baccalaureate Degree in nursing. Master’s degree in a related health care fields an asset, but not required.
2) Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Illinois.
3) Clinical experience in an acute care setting.
4) Exceptional relationship management skills and professional demeanor. Must be regarded as a role model to elevate the role of Clinical Informatics at the hospital and within Tenet. Hospital management experience recommended.
5) Required for Director level: Experience in acute care electronic health record and computerized physician order entry implementation throughout the project life-cycle, performing workflow analysis, testing, training, go-live support, system upgrades, and issues management.
6) Experience in organizational/behavior change management methodologies or principles; passion for excellence and ability to move organizations out of their comfort zone to achieve excellence.
7) Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills with a customer service focus.
8) Effective organizational, research, time management and priority setting skills.
9) Experience in conducting evaluations and assessments, i.e. change readiness assessments, workflow optimization assessments, etc.
10) Strong conceptual skills, with demonstrated knowledge and skill in problem-solving, decision-making and critical-thinking.
11) Demonstrated ability to function both autonomously and collaboratively within a team; networks with colleagues and industry forums to leverage knowledge.
12) Good understanding of Tenet clinical standards and integration of technology.
13) Vision – sees the big picture and can represent the Tenet standards and ACI vision and guiding principles.
14) Competent user of Microsoft Office products.
Organization: Weiss Memorial Hospital
Title: DIRECTOR, CLINICAL INFORMATICS
Requisition ID: 1805044131