Owens & Minor Collector, Associate in Chicago, Illinois
Services the needs of our customers by accurately billing customer accounts, assuring timely remittance, and taking immediate action on issues that involve account integrity. Follows-up with payers to facilitate uninterrupted cash flow.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.List essential job duties and responsibilities.Items that have the most time spent on them should come first.Items that have the least time spent on them should come last.
2.Answers questions from customers, clerical staff, and insurance companies.
3.Identifies and resolves patient billing complaints.
4.Handles customer collection calls.
5.Documents activities in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system in an efficient accurate and timely manner.
6.Ensures billing activity is handled correctly.
7.Evaluates and secures the needed prescriptions, PAs and medical justifications to facilitate payment of claims for initial and review/appeals payments.
8.Prepares and reviews clean claims for submission to various insurances either electronically or by paper.
9.Provides feedback to Group Team Lead regarding issues regarding accounts.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Associates Degree requiredor 5 years equivalent experience
- One or more years of Customer Service experience required
- Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency; consults with senior peers on non-complex projects
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Must have the ability to practice proper phone and email etiquette
- Skilled in answering a telephone in a pleasant and helpful manner
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Familiar with medical terminology and insurances i.e.HCPC/ICD-9 codes
- Ability to edit and resubmit claims for payment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Outlook
- Conducts routine tasks as directed; works under clearly defined guidelines
- Contributes to specific objectives and outcomes as directed
- Little or no traveling required (less than 10%)
- Ability to work extended hours on occasion
Category: Field Operations