Cook County Government CLINICAL NURSE I - ENDOSCOPY in Chicago, Illinois
PLEASE BE ADVISED that this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between Cook County and the National Nurses Organizing Committee. Pursuant to the collective bargaining agreement, Cook County will exhaust internal eligible applicants prior to considering external applicants. Cook County is assembling a list of qualified candidates for this position that will be considered should the position not be filled with internal eligible applicants.
JOB SUMMARY* *
*ENDOSCOPY - STROGER HOSPITAL - CHICAGO, IL. - SHIFT: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM *
The Clinical Nurse I is a professional care provider who is responsible and accountable for coordinating and providing safe, effective, individualized nursing care for patients and supportive care to significant others, assists other professionals in implementing plans of care. MULTIPLE VACANCIES
- Must be licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Two (2) years of nursing experience.
- Current valid certification in Basic Life Support (BLS)* or ability to obtain within two (2) weeks of starting. *(If already obtained must provide proof at time of interview)
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification or ability to obtain within two (2) weeks of starting. (If already obtained must provide proof at time of interview)
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) from a school of nursing.
- One (1) year of experience in Endoscopy.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
*Any NNOC member who responds and/or accepts this position will waive his/her right to the 60 (sixty) day trial period in accordance with Section 4.4(N) of the CBA as of the date of this posting. *
When applying for employment with Cook County Health, preference is given to honorably discharged Veterans who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States for not less than 6 months of continuous service
To take advantage of this preference a Veteran must:
- Meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
- Identify self as a Veteran on the employment application by answering yes to the question by answering yes to the question, “Are you a Military Veteran?”
- Attach a copy of their DD 214, DD 215 or NGB 22 (Notice of Separation at time of application filing. Please note: If you have multiple DD214s, 215s, or NGB 22S, Please submit the one with the latest date. Coast Guard must submit a certified copy of the military separation from either the Department of Transportation (Before 9/11) or the Department of Homeland Security (After 9/11). Discharge papers must list and Honorable Discharge Status. Discharge papers not listing an Honorable Discharge Status are not acceptable
A copy of a valid State ID Card or Driver’s License which identifies the holder of the ID as a Veteran, may also be attached to the application at time of filing.
If items are not attached, you will not be eligible for Veteran Preference
VETERANS MUST PROVIDE ORIGINAL APPLICABLE DISCHARGE PAPERS OR APPLICABLE STATE ID CARD OR DRIVER’S LICENSE AT TIME OF INTERVIEW.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Basic Term Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Deferred Compensation Program
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, and Sick Time
- *You may also qualify for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) *
- *100% Tuition Reimbursement for nursing-related programs *
For further information on our excellent benefits package, please click on the following ink:*http://www.cookcountyrisk.com/*
MUST MEET ALL REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT TIME OF APPLICATION FILING.
“Degrees awarded outside of the United States with the exception of those awarded in one of the United States’ territories and Canada muse be credentialed by an approved U.S. credential evaluation service belongings to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators (AICE). Original credentialing documents must be presented at time of interview”.
*Please note all offers of Employment are contingent upon the following conditions: satisfactory professional & employment references, healthcare and criminal background checks, appropriate
* licensure/certifications and the successful completion of a physical and pre-employment drug screen.*
*CCH is strictly prohibited from conditioning, basing or knowingly prejudicing or affecting any term or aspect of County employment or hiring upon or because of any political reason or factor.
COOK COUNTY HEALTH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Job Posting: Jan 13, 2021, 2:05:10 PM
Closing Date: Jan 27, 2021, 11:59:00 PM
Organization: Health and Hospital Systems
Req ID: 00125087