Federal Reserve Bank Business Operations Analyst in Chicago, Illinois
The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago has an opening for a Business Operations Analyst role supporting the Research, Policy and Public Engagement (RPPE) department. This department conducts policy-relevant research on macroeconomics, microeconomics, financial studies, regional economics, and community affairs issues.
The Business Operations Analyst role is a member of RPPE’s Support Team that helps manage the department’s operational functions. This role will primarily be responsible for executing and supporting processes and projects within the finance/budget, procurement, and human resource components of the team’s work.
Reporting to the Finance and Business Administration Manager, the analyst will work very collaboratively with other members of this team. Key tasks include executing existing processes, improving policies and procedures, and using analytics and new ideas to continuously improve the department’s operations. This analyst must also provide excellent customer service, learn and understand the requests and needs of stakeholders, and think critically to answer questions and find solutions. They must demonstrate initiative when exploring new ideas and continuously contribute to the team in meaningful ways.
- Work collaboratively to support the day-to-day operations of the RPPE department in the areas of human resources, finance, budget, and procurement
- Execute and review the department’s policies and procedures, determine best practices, and make recommendations for continuous improvement
- Extract and analyze data from different sources to use in analysis that creates monthly reports and other documents of varying complexity to provide guidance/direction
- Help manage annual projects for the department including performance reviews, onboarding/offboarding employees, compensation distribution, and budgeting
- Liaise with other areas of the Bank to facilitate transactions, such as changes to employee status, compensation, contracts, and payments
- Facilitate workflow and cross-team engagement throughout the department and the Bank
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years of direct work-related experience
- Ability to work as part of a team in a collaborative setting by supporting the team with valuable contributions and completed work assignments
- Ability to think strategically and see the “big picture” while completing detail-oriented work
- Deliver quality work in an organized and proactive way by following plans and raising awareness to potential obstacles
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good interpersonal skills to work with different management levels and types of professional
- Ability to build productive and positive relationships, within teams and throughout the Bank
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and projects effectively by adjusting quickly to new and different priorities
What we offer
- Comprehensive benefits package include medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, 401k plan, pension plan, paid time off, paid holidays, transit benefit, fitness reimbursement program, onsite gym and subsidized cafeteria
- A continuous learning environment with opportunities to gain new skills and grow your career
As a condition of employment, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago employees must comply with the Bank’s ethics rules, which generally prohibit employees, their spouses/domestic partners, and minor children from owning securities, such as stock, of banks or savings associations or their affiliates, such as bank holding companies and savings and loan holding companies. If you or your spouse/domestic partner or minor child own such securities, and would not be willing or able to divest them if you accepted an offer of Bank employment, you should raise this issue with the recruiter for this posting, who can provide you contact information for our ethics official if necessary.
/We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status./
Organization: *Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago
Title: Business Operations Analyst
Requisition ID: 267984