Eurofins Analyst - 743999713933299-2643 in Chicago, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/7588571 Company Description
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment and pharmaceutical products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the key emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing in Europe and the USA.
Group's key figures (as of March 2019) are approx. 4.56 billion Euros, over 800 laboratories across 47 countries and about 45,000 staff.
Eurofins EMLab P&K, LLC is searching for an Analyst in Chicago, IL.
n Analyst n
The Analyst performs analysis of non-culturable surface and air samples for fungi, bulk samples for asbestos and water samples for Legionella, E.coli, etc. Prepares and analyzes environmental samples according to scientific methodology in compliance with company Quality Assurance programs and SOP's, and must be knowledgeable of both job-specific routine and complex analyses. The analyst validates and reviews data for accuracy, and uploads laboratory data into the LIMS that ultimately generates required reports to clients. Schedules sample workload according to due dates and sample hold times, and must be knowledgeable of the job-specific laboratory testing equipment, requiring the exercise of discretion and judgment in its operation.
1. Prepare and analyze aerobiological, environmental, and water samples for fungal, asbestos and bacteria analysis
2. Accurately enters and reports analytical data using the LIMS
3. Performs independent data reviews for other analysts' work
4. Performs analysis of reference materials, proficiency samples and other quality control samples as needed
5. Maintains client service and provides technical support as needed
6. Assists the QA manager in development, implementation and data collection of QA processes for the different analytical tests
7. Performs confirmation of lab results as needed by client services personnel
8. Performs and completes all analytical testing QA related tasks as needed
9. Assists in pursuing, receiving and maintaining necessary laboratory accreditations
10. Maintains and updates all necessary Training and QA documents onsite as necessary
11. Co-ordinates and manages projects according to their rush status and due time for timely delivery
12. Assists co-workers on analytical questions, as necessary
13. Participates in Lean initiatives and projects when called upon
14. Follows company policies and procedures and ensures that coworkers are doing the same
nSecondary Duties n
1. Manages and maintains the inventory of re-sale supply items and laboratory consumables and takes necessary steps to re-order supplies as needed
2. Manages and disposes analyzed samples as needed
3. Trains new mycology or bacteriology or asbestos or other analytical testing Analysts as needed
4. Recommends and coordinates sample transfer as necessary
5. Establishes and maintains laboratory stock culture and reference samples
6. Performs root cause analysis and determines and implements corrective actions for errors and issues as necessary
7. Maintains all equipment properly and co-ordinates servicing of all equipment used in the laboratory, as needed
8. Routinely communicates available capacity to Regional Manager
9. Supports other departments within the lab (mycology, asbestos, bacteriol gy, and other) when appropriate and as needed
10. Other responsibilities as deemed necessary by the Supervisor/Manager
Position is full-time, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with overtime or weekend work as needed. Training- see below under Requirements. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Chicago, IL are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.
• Bachelor's degree in microbiology, biology or a closely related science. REQUIRED
• 1-2 years of laboratory work experience involving mold and/or asbestos microscopy analysis PREFERRED
• 8 units of Microbiology courses PREFERRED
Must be able to travel for training off-site in Houston and South San Francisco.
nEurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. n