Meadows Mennonite Account Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Chenoa, Illinois
Full and Part Time
Shift Differentials $1.50 for both 2nd and 3rd shift
Weekend differential an extra $1.00 per hour
We offer Excellent salary and benefits program
Apply at www.meadowscommunities.org
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) is responsible for providing optimum resident care by performing nursing procedures under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse through appropriate utilization of the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation, and evaluation; and effectively interacting with residents, significant others, and other health team members while maintaining standards of professional nursing.
- Current Nursing License from the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation.
- Experience is desirable but not mandatory.
- Ability to supervise and administer nursing care and treatments is essential.
- Possess characteristics of understanding, patience, and tact in dealing with residents, their families, and visitors.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Follows HIPPA and Meadows Homes guidelines in maintaining confidentiality of all resident information.
- Support Meadows Home mission statement.
Current certification in CPR. Essential Functions:
Resident assessmentdevelop nursing data by observing, interviewing, and collecting data from the resident and other sources.
- Set priorities for nursing action according to resident needs and formulate a plan of care taking into account physiological, psychosocial, and environmental factors.
- Evaluate resident condition with ongoing assessment.
- Document accurate and ongoing assessment of incidental change or incidents on each resident.
- Document monthly assessment of each resident on monthly summary as scheduled.
- Communicate with the physician regarding resident needs.
- Administer medications as ordered according to policy and procedure.
- Monitor IV fluids according to policy and procedure.
- Administer treatments as ordered according to policy and procedure.
- Receive and accurately transcribe physician orders according to policy and procedure.
- Respond to emergencies and follow through as needed.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and safe environment for residents and staff.
- Ensure that supplies and equipment necessary for resident care are stored in an organized and efficient manner.
- Demonstrate correct and safe technique in the use of equipment.
- Participate in economical utilization of supplies.
- Follow all policies and procedures, and other regulatory standards.