One Hope United Youth Care Worker 1 - Evening 2nd Shift in Centralia, Illinois
The Youth Care Worker will provide constant supervision of youth while maintaining structure, discipline, clean & a healthy atmosphere of the assigned residential home. We are looking for individuals to work overnight shift and this includes weekends. Some flexibility with scheduling is available.
• Performing duties associated with the day to day training, modeling and skill building of a residential home for youth.
• Teaching and participating in individual and group instruction in daily living, recreational activities, social skills, and independent living skills as prescribed by each youth’s Individual Treatment Plan and the OHU Residential Program Plan.
• Participate in training and maintain certification in the implementation of Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI) approved behavior modification program.
• Following One Home United Residential Program Plan, including daily schedule, administration of consequences and mental health treatment plans of youth in residential care.
• Demonstrating the highest investment in and commitment to quality improvement practices in order to continuously improve the delivery of services to our residents.
• Participation and contribution to a treatment team of a residential home of youth assigned, including attending weekly team meetings and staffings, as required.
• Attend training, seminars and conferences as assigned by supervisory or administrative staff.
• Complete in a timely and accurate fashion all documentation required for the position. • Treat with absolute confidence all information concerning agency residents and programs.
A valid driver’s license and driving record that allows staff member to be eligible for coverage by One Hope United insurance, as well as approval to transport youth by DCFS. Must be at minimum 21 years of age.
Physical Requirements: must be physically able to complete Therapeutic Crisis Intervention restraint training and participate in TCI restraints, as needed.
Must be able to pass Drug Testing, a Sexual Risk Assessment and Background Check.
We are looking for prospective candidate to have the availability to work our 3rd shift schedule
As a Youth Care Worker you are expected to work every weekend- and two days out of the week.
Each work day is 10 hour shifts.
ONE HOPE UNITED VALUES:
Do the Right Thing | We serve the best interest of our clients and staff. We act mindfully and responsibly, honoring our commitments. We’re willing to challenge the status quo.
Fully Contribute | We bring our presence, passion, and ideas to every interaction, and we respect differing views and backgrounds so that others can do the same.
Empower One Another | We collaborate with, care for, and encourage each other toward greater impact, treating everyone with dignity and respect
Turn Hope into Action | We believe in the resiliency of the human spirit. We advocate for those in need and do what it takes to build a better future for all.
Seek Impact Every Day | We make things happen, and make them count. We leverage all our resources and make data-informed decisions for maximum, sustainable results.
Always Keep Improving | We pursue excellence in an atmosphere of innovation. We embrace change, take prudent risks, learn from failure, and recognize success.
We Invest In You
Competitive pay and benefits, plus tuition reimbursement
Generous vacation and PTO plans
Health, dental, vision, 403b Retirement (with matching up to 3%), flexible spending accounts, Agency paid life and LTD, supplemental life insurance
Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
Leadership opportunities on site-based Center Management Teams
Relocation assistance is available
Discounted child care tuition
A Different Kind Of Employer One Hope United is strong and ready to grow. Are you ready to grow with us?
800 talented professionals strong, serving 10,000 children and families in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Florida
Fiscally stable, $50 Million agency-- strong since 1895
Energetic leadership and a rich community of support
One Hope United does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. One Hope United is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace.
Team Player : Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic : Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated : Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Innovative : Consistently introduces new ideas and demonstrates original thinking
Work-Life Balance : Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
Peer Recognition : Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
Job Security : Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Growth Opportunities : Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Ability to Make an Impact : Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
General Educational Development or better.
High School Diploma or better.
Bachelor of Social Work or better.
Collaborate with various departments and develop and implement plans for various therapeutic activities for clients.
Monitor admission of all visitors into facility and ensure appropriate privacy for all resident and staff.
3-5 years: Youth Care Worker Experience
Licenses & Certifications