Power Solutions International On-Board Diagnostic(OBD) Calibration Engineer - J3T4L06W1STRKZX5DV8 in Burr Ridge, Illinois
This job was posted by https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov : For more information, please see: https://illinoisjoblink.illinois.gov/ada/r/jobs/6969500
n Job Description n
nPower Solutions International (PSI) is a leading cleantech manufacturer and supplier of off-road and on-road engine power solutions. PSI provides integrated, turnkey power solutions to original equipment manufacturers in the industrial, construction, agricultural, and on-road markets and offers a complete line of certified engines.
We are currently looking for a team player with proven experience as a Calibration Engineer for our On-Board Diagnostic (OBD) Calibration Engineer role in Burr Ridge IL.
The OBD Calibration Engineer develops OBD calibrations and control system design for spark-ignited internal combustion engines (ICEs) on conventional and alternative fuels. This would include operating, manipulating, and testing engines in-laboratory and in-vehicle or equipment, analyzing data, and manipulating control systems to optimize the performance of the engine and OBD monitors. The position involves the development of on-board diagnostic calibrations and controls (OBD), base engine performance and emissions calibrations, and at times may require supporting application-level calibrations. The position also entails supporting various degrees of engine testing and supporting engineering teams with mechanical, electronic, and electro-mechanical component selection.
nDuties & Responsibilities:n
+ Develop OBD calibrations for ICE platforms.
+ Support OBD project plans including DVP&R for all calibration development and validation aspects.
+ Support of customer calibrations for OBD related issues in the field during product development, validation, and in-production.
+ Support in-vehicle and in-equipment OBD calibration development internally, at external test facilities, and at customer locations.
+ Responsible for authoring Design Verification Plan & Report (DVP&R) documents for internal and external OBD calibration development projects.
+ Responsible for supporting or conducting ICE tests and analyzing, reporting, and presenting of data to internal management and customers for OBD calibration development purposes.
+ Perform analysis of data to draw conclusions and provide recommendations to various internal technical teams.
+ Support technical staff in test environment, often operating engine and test cell equipment in real-time during calibration development and testing.
n Job Requirements n
n Education and/or Experience
+ Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
+ Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in spark ignited automotive calibration development and support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Solid understanding of internal combustion theory and mechanics, including understanding of stoichiometric and lean-burn combustion phenomena, calibration development fundamentals and processes, and control methodology is required. Spark-ignited expertise is strongly preferred.
• Solid understanding of OBD systems, methodologies, monitors, and calibration process is required. Experience with heavy-duty OBD is preferred.
• Understanding the OBD development life-cycle, milestones, and certification process is required.
• Solid understanding of EGR & turbocharged engine control is preferred.
• Familiarity and experience ith electronic control systems and DC electrical systems, capable of reading and interpreting electrical schematics and diagrams is required.
• Prior extensive use of engine calibration software required. ETAS INCA proficiency is required.
• Knowledge, familiarity, and hand-on experience with engine and vehicle testing is preferred.
• Ability to frequently travel domestically and internationally. May be required to work remotely at external test facilities for development projects. Travel fluctuates and may be needed up to 25% at times.
• Motivated, self-sufficient, technically diverse, and easily adaptable.
• Ability to work autonomously is preferred.
• High-level of interpersonal and team working skills is required.
• Solid mechanical and electrical aptitude is required.
• Strong analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail is required.
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in written form.
• Ability to collaborate within all levels of the organization is required.
• Commercial Driver's License (CDL) is preferred. Candidate must be willing to become CDL licensed.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and ETAS INCA is required. Experience using MATLAB, Uniplot, AVL CRETA, and post-processing software is preferred.
n Equal Employment Opportunity - Anti-Discrimination Notice n
PSI is committed t