Danaher Corporation Paralegal (contracts support to Leica Microsystems’ commercial sales) in Buffalo Grove, Illinois
Danaher Company Description
Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise. Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: the Life Science Division, Industry Division, and Medical Division. Leica Microsystems has seven major plants and product development sites around the world. The company is represented in over 100 countries, has sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of distribution partners. Its headquarters are located in Wetzlar, Germany.
Leica Microsystems, Inc offers a broad array of comprehensive, competitive benefit programs that add value to associates' and their families' lives. Whether it's a health care program or paid time off, our programs contribute to life beyond the job.
Leica Microsystems, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Be sure to follow us on LinkedIn!
The Paralegal will be responsible for providing contracts support to Leica Microsystems’ commercial sales and service teams in North America. The Paralegal will be familiar with contracts and contract law and have experience in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating a variety of commercial contracts. The Paralegal will be an integral part of the Company’s in-house corporate legal department, and will report directly to Leica Microsystems’ Legal & Compliance Counsel for the Americas.
- The majority of this position’s work will be devoted to the legal review and negotiation of commercial sales and service contracts for our U.S. customer base, as well as other standard non-sales agreements
- Proven success in contract drafting and negotiations within a commercial sales organization, preferably for capital equipment, including a solid understanding of contract document provisions applicable to sales and service contracts.
- Must have tested experience of owning process of drafting, reviewing, and negotiating standard commercial sales and non-sales contracts, including: purchase order terms and conditions, purchase and sales agreements, post-warranty service contracts, non-disclosure agreements, consulting agreements, supply and procurement agreements, etc.
- Must engage with external customers, suppliers, and counsel regarding contract terms
Will perform legal research as required.
Reports to Leica Legal & Compliance Counsel
Interacts with Americas Management Team, America’s Local Customer Service Team and America’s Field Service and Sales Teams.
Opposing Counsel (non-litigation)
Personal Traits Profile:
Innovative Problem-Solving Skills
- Highly Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as within cross-functional teams
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree (BA or BS) from an accredited college or university is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience with three (3) years as Paralegal is required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in review and negotiation of sales contracts is highly preferred.
Paralegal certificate from an ABA accredited school (or any equivalent combination of related experience, training, and/or education) is required.
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page—Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
Danaher Corporation Overview
Danaher is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping our customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Our world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Our globally diverse team of 67,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, the Danaher Business System, which serves as our competitive advantage. We generated $18.3B in revenue last year. We are ranked #162 on the Fortune 500 and our stock has outperformed the S&P 500 by more than 1,200% over 20 years.
At Danaher, you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. Our brands allow us to offer dynamic careers across multiple industries. We’re innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and we win. We need talented people to keep winning. Here you’ll learn how DBS is used to shape strategy, focus execution, align our people, and create value for customers and shareholders. Come join our winning team.
Organization: Leica Microsystems
Job Function: Legal
Primary Location: North America-North America-United States-IL-Buffalo Grove
Req ID: LEI004365