McLean County Government Seasonal Laborer in Bloomington, Illinois
Seasonal Laborer – Full Time
McLean County Highway Department
Work involves manual work in the performance of tasks in the construction and maintenance of the road program. Work involves the performance of manual tasks of ordinary difficulty requiring limited knowledge and skills. Work involves the operation of trucks or other mechanized equipment. Work is usually performed under supervision of a foreman or journeyman craftsman who assigns work both orally and in writing and makes inspections to assure proper performance of work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (May not include all duties performed)
- assisting the Sign Foreman,
- mowing roadsides with a tractor mounted mower, and
- assisting Truck Driver / Laborers in road maintenance tasks.
- Performs related tasks as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and write English.
- Knowledge of the type and uses of common hand tools, materials and standard equipment used in maintenance and construction.
- Knowledge of the precautions necessary to work safely with and around mechanized construction and maintenance equipment.
- Ability to be certified as a traffic flagger.
- Ability to perform a variety of laboring and manual tasks. Ability to understand and carry out specific oral and written instructions. Ability to perform manual tasks requiring physical strength and endurance under variable weather conditions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, township commissioners and personnel, and the public. Skill in the use of standard motor-powered equipment.
High school graduation, or possession of a GED Certificate.
Physical Attributes and Demands
Work requires sufficient physical strength, agility, endurance, dexterity and hand-eye-foot coordination to perform all essential duties including the operation of testing equipment and mechanical hand and machine tools. Work requires lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 100 pounds and reaching in front of body and overhead while lifting or carrying objects weighing up to 100 pounds. Work requires sitting, standing for long periods of time, and frequent kneeling, Squatting, pushing, pulling, twisting, bending, and crawling.
Some work is performed indoors at the maintenance facility, but mainly requires frequent trips outdoors in a variety of weather conditions. Work exposes the employee to fumes, noise, extreme weather conditions, traffic and moving maintenance vehicles.
About McLean County Government
McLean County is the largest county by land area in the state of Illinois with a population of over 172,000. McLean County Government is a fast-moving and dynamic workplace established to locally administer Illinois State laws and serve the community. With a $97 million operating budget, over 800 employees, and an Aa1 Bond Rating, McLean County Government is positioned to maintain and expand its reputation for excellence in local government.
To learn more about all the services McLean County Government provides the community, please visit https://mcleancountyil.gov/.
How to Apply
*Click “Apply Now” at the top of this post. *
**If applying through a third party job board, please fill out an application via McLean County Government’s Job Board located at *_https://il-mcleancounty.civicplushrms.com/careers/Jobs.aspx_
Confidentiality of your application is maintained upon request.
Mclean County Government is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Status: Part-Time
Shift: 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Closes On: April 30, 2021 at 09:08 AM CST