Challenge Unlimited Full-Time Maintenance Technician in Belleville, Illinois
We are hiring a Maintenance Technician at Challenge Unlimited, Inc., in Swansea, IL
Would you like to be a part of helping individuals with disabilities work, live, and participate in the community? Challenge Unlimited, Inc. is the perfect place for you to work. Come join our team!
Challenge Unlimited, Inc., has over 50 years’ experience serving individuals with disabilities, while earning a reputation as a trusted business partner to private commercial companies and federal and state government agencies.
Challenge Unlimited employs over 900 employees, of which approximately 600 are individuals with disabilities, throughout 5 states (IL, MO, WI, OH, SC).
The Maintenance Tech is responsible for providing maintenance services which further our mission to help people who have different abilities to receive work support and development as needed—achieving the highest level of independence possible. This position is responsible for repairs and maintenance at local Company locations. The Maintenance Technician assesses repair and maintenance needs such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, electric and machine repairs. The position purchases and stores supplies and equipment, processes receipts, and works with contractors/vendors as needed to complete maintenance needs.
- Maintenance Planning - make assessments regarding reported repair work and installations needed, the time and materials needed for the job, and purchase those materials from local suppliers.
- General Maintenance- such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, electrical work, machine repairs; plus, to the extent of skills (kitchen and/or bathroom remodels) or training: HVAC. Electrical maintenance includes but is not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) and using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Preventive Maintenance- inspect assigned buildings, sites, and structures to detect needed repairs and preventative maintenance needs, making notes and recommendations.
- Reporting & Recordkeeping- complete any maintenance paperwork and mileage logs, turn in any/all receipts for materials.
- Customer Relations- respond to emergency calls for assistance from a variety of sites within 20 minutes of being called during weekend on-call rotation (via a return phone call in most instances or returning on-site in some instances for repairs/installation).
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
Status & Hours: Full-Time, M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM
Salary: $34,500-$35,500 (non-exempt) plus benefits
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
Experience: Experience in building maintenance, advanced knowledge of carpentry / construction, painting, electrical work, plumbing, and mechanical repair. Experience in HVAC helpful, but not required.
Certifications/Licenses: Forklift certification (have or obtain certification within 3 months of starting). Driver’s license.
Pre-Employment Tests: N/A
Computer Skills: Basic MS Outlook and Office. Ability to enter information in the Company electronic records system.
Background Checks: Must pass criminal background check. Must pass various State and Federal registry checks. Must pass credit history check. Must pass DCFS Abuse and Neglect Tracking System check. Must pass driving history check and Company policy criteria, maintain valid driver’s license, and be 21 or older to drive.
Driving: Company travel using personal insured vehicle is not required. Position drives Company vehicle 2-3 hours/day between sites on a daily basis.
Challenge Unlimited is an AbilityOne company.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Location: Belleville, IL
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Client or Staff: Staff
Position Hours: M-F 8:00 AM-4:30 PM