Guardian Security Services, Inc. Corporate Security Officer/Mundelein in Algonquin, Illinois
History of Guardian Security Services:
Guardian Security Services is a locally owned security organization founded in 1975. The company has established itself as a leader in the security industry by providing its services to the most respected clients covering the Chicagoland area. Guardian Security provides customized, cost-effective programs, that exceed client expectations. We have a continuous history of service excellence in providing customized security programs to commercial properties, residential communities, financial institutions, college campuses and manufacturing facilities. We are recognized as the security provider of choice because of our continued extraordinary services provided to all our clientele and employees. A pillar to our success is ensuring our client satisfaction is met in all aspects of the position.
What makes an Exemplary Guardian Officer?
*Passion: *Our employees are our most valuable asset and we are very passionate about making sure that our employees are taken care of! We value the integrity, quality, professional performance and overall commitment to excellence our employees present on a daily basis. Because of the passion our employees emanate, Guardian Security Services is not just a work place, but a family!
*Our Employees: *The Guardian employee understands what it means to be a part of a team and becomes the “ambassador” of our organization, where ever they are. Guardian Security Services is looking for the very best in all positions we provide here. Our employees set themselves apart from their peers by demonstrating personal and professional skills necessary to be the best.
We are especially proud of our commitment and history of mentoring our employees, as well as, developing their skills to obtain management positions for their future. Whether within our firm, preparing them for opportunities in law enforcement or wherever their endeavors may take them.
Our career opportunities are perfect for the following:
Customer Service and Hospitality Professionals
Former active duty, transitioning or current Reserve/National Guard soldiers
Current, former or future Law Enforcement Officers
College students (Current or continuing education)
Guardian Security Services is currently looking to hire Security Officers for our premier locations in the Mundelein/Waukegan areas. Great entry level starting wages from $*13.00* to $*14.50/hr*! Excellent positions for someone looking to have part-time or a full-time position with a reputable company. No security experience is required. A background in security, military, law enforcement and/or customer service is a plus. Must be willing to obtain the Illinois PERC and complete the 20hr unarmed security training, if not already in hand. Multiple Opportunities for Advancement!
- Industry Leading Wages
- Paid Vacation
- Medical Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- IRA Retirement Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Promotional Opportunities
- Service Awards
- Referral Bonus for Employees
- Referral Bonus for Clients
- Understand and maintaining general post instructions for that assigned post.
- Maintain practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client.
- Maintain access control procedures set by management.
- Effectively utilize access control systems, visitor management systems and CCTV systems as needed.
- Greet all residents and/or visitors with a professional demeanor.
- Sign in and out all guests and vendors.
- Monitor CCTV’s to guard against theft and trespassing.
- Respond to incidents and document the event accurately.
- Possibly conduct foot patrols in all types of weather during your shift, if required, including walking up and down stairs.
- Ability to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Interact with the employees and visitors using your best customer service skills.
- Document and report any property damage and special occurrences.
- Logging incoming packages using the computer software programs you will be trained on.
- Provide excellent Customer Service, Public Relation interactions and have an Impeccable image at all times.
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Possess a high school diploma/GED/military service record.
- All applicants must complete a pre-employment screening process.
- Includes a background investigation.
- Must have mature demeanor, personality and attitude.
- Possess strong communication skills, both verbally, written and non-verbal.
- Have a proven stable work history.
- Maintain an impeccable image and adhere to our professional military grooming standards, which includes:
- No visible tattoo(s) that cannot be covered up with a short sleeve shirt and pants.
- Must possess strong customer service skills, public relation skills and the ability to interact well with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Must maintain a working telephone at all times in order for us to contact you.
- Must have reliable means of transportation.
- Must have a valid Permanent Employee Registration Card (PERC) or willing to apply for one.
- Must have a 20-hour training certificate or complete within in 30 days of employment.
- Flexibility to cover additional shifts, as required, by client’s needs.
*To be considered for this position, you must go through the required questions and application process. If you have any questions regarding this position you can reach the recruiting team at 708-385-3300. *
Guardian Security Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Guardian Security Services, Inc. offers industry leading wages, career advancement, and great working environments with a multitude of benefits. License #122.000419