Abbott Construction Project Engineer in Abbott Park, Illinois
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 107,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries
Construction Project Engineer
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Project Engineer will manage mid to large scale projects; orchestrate the front-end planning for Capital Projects including but not limited to:
• Utility / facility system installations,
• Clean rooms construction,
• Manufacturing facility upgrades
• Warehouse expansions.
Candidates for this position must have strong engineering or technical skills with understanding of capital project execution. Additionally, must keep abreast of current trends and practices and have a history of improving processes, making them more efficient and effective.
Core Job Responsibilities:
• Develops, plans, coordinates and directs engineering aspects of projects of major scope and importance.
• Manages multiple, often concurrent projects and meets expectations. ·
• Understands the business needs and works closely with internal customers to understand User Requirements and develop project scope.
• Incorporates business foresight of emerging technological trends.
• Leads development of Project Charter and documents the initial requirements that satisfy the stakeholder’s needs and expectations.
• Establishes engineering project objectives and technical criteria for evaluating project results and activities of the project team.
• Strong communicator. Keeps stakeholders informed of status and upcoming activities and provides management with frequent status and forecasts.
• Works closely construction teams to manage schedule, scope, and adherence to internal and external standards and specifications, traveling up to 50%
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
• A bachelor’s degree in engineering, or closely related discipline is required with 3+ years of engineering, construction and/or operational experience
• A technical background in health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceutical, or similar industries (preferred)
• Understanding and management of procurement & contracting processes.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development , with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abbott Jobs